A Recipe for Disaster
- Select two friends (preferably of similar size and vintage)
- Filter through a long Friday at the end of a particularly sour week
- Place both in a light and airy environment during Happy Hour
- Rapidly soak in two large glasses of house white
- Ensure that these are followed in quick succession by ill chosen shots of something sweet and blue
- Fill with an inadequate meal – a shared packet of salt and vinegar crisps is often popular
- Counteract the drying effect of the salt with two more glasses of house white
- At this stage the two friends could be decanted to an alternative environment. This is often avoided
- Steep for hours in a selection of house spirits (mixers optional)
- Thoroughly muddle all ingredients. ‘Jump Around’ by ‘House of Pain’ is particularly effective
- Toast with a shot of something apple flavoured and green – slainte!
- Empty the contents of two purses onto a table top
- Stall the inevitable by introducing a game of penny football
- Finally – the pièce de résistance – tequila slammers all round
- Warning: results can pool awkwardly – avoid curdling by keeping cool
- Separate the initial two ingredients and quickly dispatch with their stolen glasses of choice
- Decorate: Traffic cone optional
The following two tabs change content below.
Amanda has always thought of herself as an armchair traveller, and since early childhood books and stories have provided the portal to other worlds. Her love of reading sparked a passion for writing and she has been writing stories since... a very long time ago! She now lives in Hove, and the view allows space for her imagination to roam.