Elephant News – As One Departs, Another Returns
Today, we say goodbye to one of our founding Elephant Words contributors, and at the same time say hello again to another.
Andrew Cheverton has decided to take some time out to devote himself more fully to some comic projects that are close to his heart.
Chev has been with the site since way before launch, and in fact Elephant Words may not have happened if, over a couple of phone calls and trips out for coffee, he hadn’t offered words of enthused encouragement when the idea first started buzzing around in my head.
Chev’s writing has a versatility and class to it that will be missed. He has approached every week as an excercise in delivering quality work, and has put an awful lot of time and effort into making his pieces interesting, and I think it shows. We look forward to seeing what he gets up to, and hope he’ll still drop in and read the site, and won’t stay away as a contributor for long.
Taking on Chev’s slot, at least for the next six weeks, is Rol Hirst. Regular readers will notice that Rol returns only six weeks after taking a break from contributing, and we’re incredibly grateful that he’s back to take on the Elephant challenge.
Rol was another of the founding writers on the site, and his work is always funny, always smart, and often incredibly insightful. He’s also one of the most supportive and generous of the writers we have here, and it’s great to have him back, for however long we get him!
Good luck Chev, and welcome back Rol!
Latest posts by Nicolas Papaconstantinou (see all)
- 24/07/2016 Image – “Pripyat” by Michael Kötter - 24/07/16
- 26/06/2016 Image – “Cropped Forever” by Wil Wheaton - 26/06/16
- 12/06/2016 Image – “The cliffs of Beachy Head and the Lighthouse below” by Diliff, Papa Lima Whiskey - 12/06/16
- 15/05/2016 Image – “Aerial View of Slough Trading Estate” by Sloughmani - 15/05/16
- Hosting Fundraiser for the Next Two Years at Elephant Words! - 09/05/16